When it comes to our bodies, the common answer is “yes.” When we listen to music, it improves our brains. When it comes to music, the answer isn’t always an easy one either. There’s more than just one thing going on in the brain when we listen to music. Sometimes, we get lucky and the music we’re listening to happens to be a happy, positive song that improves our mood.
But what if your mood is really not all that upbeat? What if you’re feeling a little down? Maybe you’ve got a bad headache or you feel like crying. Instead of trying to distract yourself with another song, play some upbeat background music instead. This can really do wonders for your mood. Here are some ways that cheerful, happy music track can make your life better.
- Reduce stress. Music is great at lowering your stress level. Some people say that music makes us happy because it soothes our senses and distracts us from the troubles of the day. Some studies even prove that listening to happy songs can actually reduce your blood pressure.
- Get rid of bad habits. Music is a great way to motivate and encourage you to keep going. Just listen to some upbeat, happy songs and see how much better your life can become. We often listen to music while driving, cooking, or while doing household chores. It might seem like a small thing, but it actually boosts our productivity and can change your life in an amazing way.
- Live life to the fullest. Some people like to sing while they’re working. If you find that you want to sing while you work, why not take a minute to try and relax and sing along? This can be a great release for your tense nerves and have you singing along while you work. Music can fill your life with happiness and joy, which are exactly what you need when you’re feeling miserable.
- Put yourself in a good mood. People are trained to think positively and listen to positive music. The same is true of music. Many times the songs on the radio are uplifting and help people stay calm. Even if you don’t feel very positive, listening to this type of song can uplift you and help you get over your negative feelings. Sometimes the most pessimistic person can listen to music and be happy.
- Learn to appreciate your favorite types of music. Listening to your favorite music can make you feel better, which makes it easier to stay on task and get through your day. Music can make you happy and relieve your mood, which can help you get through your day and achieve more. Listening to songs that make you feel happy and boosts your mood can help you become a happier person, which can make your life a happier place to be in general.
- Associate music with other activities. If you love to dance, listen to some of your favorite songs while you take a break from whatever it is you are working on. If you are into sports, listen to your favorite sports team’s song while you practice or play with your friends. As with anything else, it is important to remember to separate music that you merely listen to from music that actually invokes a physical response from your body.
- Create a tradition. Sing a song each time you go to the gym, go out on a date or any other occasion that you would like to be happy. Whether it’s a favorite song or a song that has recently meant something to you, it can help trigger positive changes in your life. It might sound silly, but the fact is, many people who were unhappy with their lives at one time tried listening to a song that changed their entire outlook on life. This often happens with difficult situations as well. If you can find yourself singing a song as you deal with a difficult situation, it can give you the strength and perspective needed to handle whatever life brings your way.
- Listen to older music. Music older than a decade or two is often wonderful and uplifting, and has staying power that can help you get through even the worst of times in life. The problem with older music, however, is that sometimes people lose the ability to appreciate it properly. Music that was recorded when a CD was new, with high quality stereo tracks, may not work as well when played back with poor quality speakers and without proper setup. The best thing to do here is to play the music through better speakers, with a home theater system and a good headphone so you can really enjoy the song and not just listening to it.
Music doesn’t have to be a complicated art form; all it takes is a little bit of commitment to enjoy great music. Take some time each day to listen to some music, even if only for a few minutes at a time. It may be a song from your favorite artist or song written specifically for you. Whatever you decide to listen to, make sure to appreciate it for what it is. Music has the power to touch the soul and help lift the spirit. By doing this, you will find that life becomes easier and more enjoyable.